Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Hello All,
I hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year celebration!
I have been trying to get my craft space tidied up and get back to creating but cleaning up in this room always means doing some 'purging'.  I donated a bunch of supplies to hubby's work (he works with 'at-risk' youth) and it warms me when he comes home telling me all the projects that the girls are creating!
For this card, I picked up one of my Sweat Pea stamps that I LOVE but never use.  I colored her with my colored pencils and orderless mineral spirits.  This is something that I love to do but need more practice.  I am very pleased with how she turned out.  I had a lot of fun doing this card that I created 3 others.  The paper was from the clearance section of a local craft store.  the lace I attached was from a thrift store in my area and the flower was from the dollar store that I painted with some homemade glimmer paint that I made last spring.  The stick pin was in my stash.  I used gold and platinum Stickles on her jewelry and the coins in her treasure chest.
Thanks for peeking in!
~Mel~

No comments:

Post a Comment