Thursday, June 30, 2011

She is Pretty in Pink!

Hi All, I just wanted to show you a card that I made for a dear friend of mine.  She is a neighbour of mine from when i grew up.  She was like another Mother to me when I was a child and even today, all grown up, I sometimes need her shoulder or ear, like I would need from my own.  Her birthday is this weekend and I wanted to send her a card.  Of course, in Melanie style, tomorrow is a holiday so she won't get it until next week (provided our postal workers continue to be permitted to deliver mail). 
I used a Stampalicious stamp for the image and colored it with my Prisma colored pencils and Gamsol.  I glossy accented her glasses and the candles on the cupcake.  The sentiment is from a Hampton Arts birthday set that I have.  I used my top note die from Stampin Up and a Sizzix embossing folder using Pearlized paper in pink.  I tied some Maye Arts sheer ribbon on it and added bling to her earrings and around the sentiment. I rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper.
Thanks for peeking in!
~Mel~

No comments:

Post a Comment