Monday, July 11, 2011

A Gift for Someone Special....

Hi All, Here is a quick post on an altered project that I made last night.  I am giving it to a dear friend of mine.  It is a wooden 'key box' that I purchased from Dollarama.  I painted it with Espresso acrylic paint.  I covered the box with TPC Studios, Grandma's Attic Vintage Strip paper that I actually got on clearance from Photo Memories.  I used some crochet trim to cover the front of the door and around the base of the box.  I used some scrap trim across the top and added some satin flowers.  I inked everything with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I used Ginger Alcohol Ink on the clasp to take the bight gold color from it.  The flower, leaves and butterfly on the cover are from a set of metal pieces that I got from Michael's in the stepping stone/mosaic tile section.
Thanks for peeking in!

~Mel~

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous Mel! And so are all your other projects since I was here last! You have been very busy! Sure do miss you...

    ReplyDelete