Monday, January 2, 2012

My Final Christmas Card for the Season....Maybe....LOL

Hi All,
Ok, OK....I love Christmas stamps.  I LOVE them.  I would make Christmas cards all year if I could and a group of crafty friends were discussing this recently and have made a vow to make one Christmas card a month and that way, in December, we aren't panicked!
I made this card with another one of my Stampsmith Stamps.  This stamp is from Estelle's stamps from her Christmas Cards # 2 Art Rubber Stamps.  This card I turned into a gift card holder.  I used Recollections card stock for the entire card.  I stamped my image out with Black Ancient Page Ink on Ranger glossy card stock.  I cut out the image and outlined the image with a gold Sakura pen.  I used some water color crayons and water brush on the image to add some color to the scene.  I double matted it on card stock that I inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I added a poinsettia flower to the image with Martha Stewart punches and Recollections Bling.  I turned the matted image into a pocket and created a tag that was the length of the matted image to the edge of the patterned paper.  I added some red ribbon from my stash to the tag .  I stamped a corner stamp from a Recollections Holiday stamp set in all four corners and made 4 slits in the corners in order to add the gift card to the tag. The patterned paper on the front of the card was from a DCWV Seasonal pack from last year.  The inside of the card is tied together with the same card stock and patterned paper from the card front.  The poinsettias are made the same way as the one on the front.  The 'Celebrate' stamp was from the 1.50$ bins at Michael's last year.

Thanks for peeking in!
~Mel~

1 comment:

  1. I know what you're sayin'! I love them too! Awesome retro card Melanie! Keep them comin'! I put all mine away! ):

    ReplyDelete