Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Proud Auntie!

Hi All,
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends.  I hope everyone is taking the opportunity to remember and give thanks for all that we have...and to have a wonderful dinner...lol.
I wanted to come on and post a picture of a card I made my nephew last evening.  Ryan is off to university this year and I am so proud that he is pursuing his education.  When I was in school, my Mother used to send me care packages from home with some treats and letters from home.  I wanted to do the same for him as this is his first holiday away and he is unable to get home for Thanksgiving.  But, given the cost of postage here in Canada, I opted for a gift card and homemade card for him.  Apparently he saves my cards in a box that I make him...what a cutie...lol.
The image and sentiment are from a Recollections stamp set that I picked up at Michael's.  I used my colored pencils and mineral spirits on the image.  I cut it out with my Martha Stewart Circle cutter.  The paper that I used was from a paper pack I got last year at Joann's when we were on our honeymoon in Maine.  I added some spiderweb ribbon from our local Dollarama.  I wrapped some orange bakers twine around the card and tied it in a bow.  The little black spider was something that I too picked up at Dollarama.The spiderweb edge punch is from Martha Stewart's Halloween collection last year as was the bats punch that I used to punch some out in  black cardstock.
I hope everyone is happy and safe!
Thanks for peeking in!
~Mel~

No comments:

Post a Comment