Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dear Santa...

Hello All,
I was so busy the last several weeks that I haven't been able to work on some of my Stampsmith Christmas stamps.  I love the Christmas Cards # 2 Art Rubber Stamps from Estelle.  It was the first plate of StampSmith stamps that I ever owned.  I LOVE this Santa image.  He is so jolly and kind looking.  This stamp is so clear that you can almost see the twinkle in his eye.
I stamped this image using Sepia Ancient Page ink on Ranger Glossy card stock. I used my watercolor crayons and a water brush on the image.  I added some red to his lips and rouge to his cheeks and a bit of blue to his eyes to make them twinkle just a bit more.  I really LOVE this image.  The Kraft and red card stock that I used was from Recollections.  I used a piece of patterned paper from the Christmas Combo paper pack from DCWV (Last years collection).  I inked all of the paper with the new Distress Ink color of Gathered Twigs.  I think this is my new favorite color of distress ink.  My fingers are crossed that Ranger will eventually release the re-inker for these seasonal colors that they have released in the last few months.  The ribbon I used was from Recollections as well (Their Christmas collections).  I punched the poinsettia's from card stock scraps using my Martha Stewart punch and added some bling to the flower centres.  The stamp has Ho Ho Ho on it originally but I stamped out a sentiment from my stash.  The inside of the card is finished with scrap patterned paper and card stock along with another poinsettia.

Thanks for peeking in!
~Mel~

No comments:

Post a Comment