Monday, December 26, 2011

You Rock, Old School!!!

Hello All,
Here was a card that I made for my hubby for work.  I was approached by one of his co-workers that he was being recognized at his December staff meeting.  He has recently been transferred to work with At-Risk females at his job and up until this point, he has always worked with males.  Needless to say, he was nervous and wondering how was he going to 'connect' with the girls.  He lucked out.  One of the young girls was into metal music and they all were interested in 80s music and movies.  Well, Jim was all over that being he was a teenager in that era.  He brought in 80s movies in to watch with them that they could still relate to (really, who can't relate to 16 Candles or Pretty in Pink) and introduced them to his 'Atari'.  The girls were really drawn to all these retro items. His new team wanted to recognized his efforts.  I picked up a cartridge at Michael's called 'Feeling Groovy" and it was perfect! I cut the guy and his clothes out with Paper Doll Dress up. I hand cut out the B's on his shirt and clothes to represent the Red Sox (his FAVORITE team) and used one of my Peachy Keen stamp sets to stamp his face.  The cassette and game controller out from the Groovy cartridge and used a piece of paper that looks like a vinyl record that I got from the Mod Retro stack from DCWV.
Thanks for peeking in!
~Mel~
PS: He was very surprized at the meeting and shocked that I was able to do this under his nose...lol... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment